Accounts Assistant needed
- Financial support to Regional Finance and Systems Manager
- Regional Finance and Systems Manager
- Perform daily bookkeeping tasks and monthly integration of financial information.
- Ensure correct coding for all transactions.
- Prepare bank reconciliation monthly.
- Review staff imprest request.
- Ensure staffs travel advance are retired/accounted in time as per finance manual.
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts.
- Managing inventory of assets and supplies.
- Maintain and update fixed asset monthly.
- Tax computations and submission to revenue authority.
- Monthly statutory compliance.
- Communicate to staff and vendors on status of payment and collect payment acknowledgement/receipt.
- Vehicle management system, input of information vehicle information from Program driver/logician in excel template
- Preparation of monthly fuel consumption report.
- Maintain petty cash, and effect payment after relevant approval.
- Ensure proper filling of all financial documents after relevant reviews and approvals
- Assets/vehicle/inventory management is in line with policy and expected standard
- Program vehicle are driven carefully and is always in good mechanical condition
- Time monthly bank reconciliation.
- Finance and program support.
- Administrative duties as directed by the line manager
- Ensure well record of office inventories
- Accurate fuel consumption reports produced timely
- Ensure proper filing system in the office
Education and experience
- Degree in accounting/Diploma in accounts with 2 years experience.
- Good knowledge of relevant PC software.
- At least 1 year experience in accounting position.
- International NGO experience is an asset
- Fluent in English
Knowledge and skills
- Is able to work autonomously with a minimum of supervision.
- Is reliable, accurate and respects deadlines
- Excellent cross-cultural communicator and active listener
- Has a strong affinity with Rikolto mission and values
- Has a positive attitude focused on win-win solutions
- Acts with integrity and respects others
- Constructively challenges self and others
- Can be relied on to deliver commitments
- Inspires people to act
- Please send your application letter and CV to Rikolto email eastafrica [at] rikolto.org to Country Manager, Rikolto in East Africa, P.O.BOX 14665, Arusha, Tanzania.
- Deadline of application is 9th of July 2019.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.