Rikolto Tanzania is looking for qualified young talent development/Agribusiness professionals to support the implementation of Rikolto EU Agri-connect program, AGRA - Accelerated Innovation Delivery Initiative (AID-II), and GSTIC- Water for Resilient Communities Project. The interns are young graduates who will be attached to Mbeya and Iringa Rikolto offices to support operations and program implementation and offer technical support to ensure the programs meet their goals. In this regard, Rikolto in Tanzania is giving young graduates opportunities to learn by doing through practical mentorships in the ongoing programs.
Reports to: Good Food for Cities Coordinator
Supervised by: Good Food for Cities Coordinator
Geographic scope: Mbeya, Songwe and Iringa
Positions: 3 candidates (2 Mbeya Office and 1 Iringa Office)
Offer: transport allowance of TZS 400,000/=
Responsibilities The overall duty of interns will be to support operations on program implementation of projects in Mbeya, Songwe, and Iringa regions. Specifically, the interns have to perform various activities, including but not limited to:
- Writing program minutes and reports during stakeholder meetings, coordination meetings, and other program events
- Support in monitoring and documentation of the changes/innovations processes in the business models at the Partner level
- Collaborate with ICRA national Coach and Support in Identification and strengthening business relations between Farmers and Business Development service providers and Buyers
- Work with ICRA national trainer, through supervision and data monitoring for tasks performed by Local coaches and community facilitators at Cluster level.
- Support in compiling all training attendances and payment forms for local business coaches
- Work with Cooperative BDS provider and ensure relevant and quality trainings are provided (conducting follow-ups)
- Represent Rikolto at relevant stakeholder meetings and gatherings as directed by the Supervisor
- Develop and sustain trust-based relationships with RIKOLTO stakeholders and Partners (e.g., INADES FORMATION, BRITEN, ROTAI, TCCIA, MIICO, Local Authorities), farmer cooperatives, private sector, and other key stakeholders.
- Collaborate and work closely with M&E specialists to collect and synthesize all program data and report accordingly
- Collaborate with M&E office in conducting data analysis based on the need as directed by the supervisor
- Bring Tangible Innovations to improve program implementations.
- Quality monthly reports shared with the program coordinator and supervisor.
- Developed and strengthened business relationships between farmers and other system actors.
- Documentation of business cases (Successes and lessons) at Clusters level
- Well-functioning of Local business coaches and community due to quality coaching and mentorship
- Quality M&E data are shared for decision-making.
- Increased Good communication with program stakeholders.
Education and Experience
- Be a graduate from 2021 onward.
- Have graduated either a Diploma or bachelor's degree in Agribusiness management, Agriculture Extension, Co-operative Management and Accounting, Agriculture economics, Business Economics, or any other program with the capacity to perform all duties related to extension, community mobilization, stakeholder engagements, Administration, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Governance and leadership, Business and Strategic planning, Entrepreneurship, and other business issues.
- Be a resident of/have knowledge about the intervention areas (Mbeya, Songwe, and Iringa) as interns will have to find their accommodation.
- Be a highly committed and disciplined person capable of working actively with different stakeholders.
Mode of Application
We invite interested candidates to submit their applications, including a cover letter and CV, in an e-mail with the subject “Young Talent Development Professionals” to eastafrica.recruitment [at] rikolto.org by 14th February 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.